Mr Ana and I have just returned from a short trip to Bali. Although it was short, it was enough for us to relax and come back home feeling incredibly refreshed. There is so much to experience in Bali, however we focussed on two particular areas in Bali – Seminyak and Ubud.
If there is one thing I can say about Bali, it is that Balinese people are genuinely kind and friendly. We were amazed at how kind people were – it didn’t matter if we were in a 5 star villa complex or in a pokey cafe getting a bite to eat.
Another thing we realised what that Balinese people are incredibly stylish. In many of the boutiques, cafes, restaurants and gardens we went to, there was an almost effortless style that oozed into every nook and cranny.
A few random thoughts that I remember about Bali:
- I love the smell of freshly laundered washing in Bali – their washing liquid smells so fresh!
- I don’t like Balinese pineapple – too tart for my liking
- My love for lemongrass continues – whether it be in a refreshingly cold drink, hot tea, or used as a skewer for sate sticks. Yum!
- Balinese crafts are incredibly intricate and fine – I’m envious of their skills
- Balinese people are very religious and leave offerings everywhere – it was beautiful watching this daily activity.